Canada's Mortgage Experts
Preventing Identity Theft
March 22, 2016 | Posted by: Dana Stauber
Identity theft can cause you huge headaches, but having your house sold without your knowledge is among the worst kind of outcome that can result. Take steps to prevent identity theft and fraud by :
- Checking your credit reports (www.equifax.ca, www.transunion.ca), credit card and bank statements regularly for inconsistencies, unknown charges and unauthorized credit inquiries.
- Not giving out personal information unless you know who you are dealing with, how it will be used, and if it will be shared.
- Protecting your mail and being aware if bills don’t arrive on time.
- Shredding all documents with personal or financial information.
- Safeguarding your PIN and decline the “remember me” on-line option for financial cards.
And speak to me about how title insurance could help protect your home from real estate title fraud!